The duties of the President -Elect shall be to:
- Preside at any meeting of the Association in the absence of the President and to assist the President as requested.
- Succeed to the office of President in the event of a vacancy in that office;
- Chair the Conference Planning Committee and coordinate the activities of the Conference Planning Committee.
- Serve as a delegate to the National Assembly of the National Association for College Admission Counseling.
- Perform such other duties as may from time to time be prescribed by the President, attend and assist in leading the NJACAC Summer Leadership Retreat.
- With the President, represent the Association at the following forums:
- NACAC Leadership Development Retreat (LDI) (mid -summer)
- Legislative Conference in Washington D.C. (usually March)
- NACAC National Conference (late September/early October)
Current Place of Employment: Adelphi University
Job Title: Associate Director of Admissions
Professional Association Memberships: NACAC, NJACAC, NYSACAC
NJACAC Service: Social Media Sub-Committee Chair 2017-present; Communications Co-Chair 2018-present; College Representative 2018-present; NJACAC Basics Tri-Chair 2019-present; College Key Workshop Leader 2018, 2019 & 2020
NACAC Service: Member for 5 years
Has Presented Workshops at: NJACAC Conference 2017, 2018, 2019, approved for NJACAC Conference 2020
Awards: NJACAC Admissions Representative of the Year 2019
How have your previous roles in NJACAC have prepared you to take on the presidential role & responsibilities? How have your experiences with NACAC prepared you?
NJACAC’s open and welcoming culture has allowed me to achieve a rather well-rounded experience within our organization. Over the years, I have helped coordinate NJACAC Basics and have presented at multiple events including one of our signature events, College Key. I have actively participated in the Annual Conference, Inclusion Access and Success (IAS) and Membership committees. As a result of leading the organization’s social media initiatives, I eventually became the co-chair of the Communications Committee. As an out-of-state member, and primary New Jersey recruiter for my institution, I have held a strong attendance record for meetings and retreats and have a strong understanding of the higher education landscape in New Jersey.
NJACAC is ready for change. We need to be more accessible for all college counseling professionals in the state of New Jersey and we need to amplify diverse voices in our meetings and within our Executive Board. I am running for President-Elect, with the primary goal of increasing member engagement and participation. I want to expand the size and reach of our organization while streamlining our internal processes and positioning the organization for success in future years. Our membership should know that NJACAC is a place where you can make an impact on our profession and the students we serve as well as a place where your voice can be heard.