The duties of the Treasurer shall be to:
- be responsible for the financial records and funds of the Association.
- prepare and present for the approval of the Executive Board an annual budget.
- Chair the Fiscal Oversight Committee and work with the Fiscal Oversight Committee to review the financial plans and policies of NJACAC.
- be responsible for the payment of all bills.
- make the annual financial report to the Association.
- serve as an alternate delegate to the National (if needed, eligible and attending the annual NACAC conference).
- be elected to one three-year term, serving the first year of the term as “Treasurer-Elect,” and shall attend all meetings with the Treasurer, as a voting member of the Executive Automatically become the Treasurer in the second year of office (or if there is a vacancy during the first year) and shall assume all of the responsibilities of the position. Serve as the Treasurer in the third year of office, an d during the third year provide training for the new Treasurer-Elect. If the incumbent chooses to run for a second term and is elected, there is no treasurer -elect and the next election will take place the year before the third term expires.
- perform such other duties as may from time to time be prescribed by the President.
Current Place of Employment: Stockton University
Job Title: Assistant Director of Admissions Recruitment & Outreach
Professional Association Memberships: NACAC, NJACAC, College Board, American Federation of Teachers
NJACAC Service: President Elect/President/Immediate Past President 2013-2015, Secretary 2010-2013, College Rep (2 terms), Chief Delegate 2015, Committee Chair/service (FOC 2010-2019, NJSTEM 2019, Professional Development, Conference Planning, Communications, By Laws, ABCs, Nominations, Basics, National College Fairs, Regional College Fairs, IAS), NCF NJ & AC committee and workshop presenter,
NACAC Service: Member 20 years, SIG workshops leader, Nat’l College Fair local arrangements committee/session presenter, Presidents’ Council
Has Presented at: NACAC SIG meeting (PA, NJ), NJACAC Conference, NJ SCA Conference, NCF NJ, Good Ideas Conference, Atlantic County Library, Rotary International Youth Leadership, NJ Boys State, Girl Scouts of NJ Leadership Summit, Multiple HS College Application Boot Camps; NJ Dept. of Education College & Career Planning for MS
Awards: NJACAC – President’s Award, Rowan University/Rowan Radio – Hall of Fame, Higher Education Marketing – Gold/Silver/Bronze awards, Philadelphia Press Association – Grand Award, National Headliners Awards – First Place
The college admission process constantly changes due to current financial and socio-economic unease, changing academic, emotional and behavioral student issues, parental attitudes, national tragedies and even natural disasters. For a small state, New Jersey envelopes the full range of social, economic and educational advantages and disadvantages when it comes to its students, and presents a challenge in assisting them in achieving post secondary pursuits. I am privileged to be a part of NJACAC with its membership of consummate professionals dedicated to helping all of New Jersey’s students achieve their goals. I will use the position of Treasurer Elect to maintain the financial integrity of the organization and enhance opportunities for both the professionals and students we serve.