Website SUNY Maritime
About SUNY Maritime College:
SUNY Maritime College located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The campus blends the best of two worlds: a comfortable college-town feel with the greatest city in the world. An impressive view of the sound extends toward the North Atlantic, yet only a few miles away are Yankee Stadium and midtown Manhattan. SUNY Maritime offers an array of employment opportunities stemming from entry level to professional positions which encourage growth and development among its employees.
Description of Duties
- Represent the College in recruitment activities in a knowledgeable, friendly and effective manner
- Effective public speaking to diverse groups of people ranging in numbers from 1-300 people
- Regularly communicate with prospective students and their families on the admission/enrollment process and what SUNY Maritime has to offer through a variety of communication channels
- Establish relationships with high schools, community colleges, community organizations, school counselors, independent counselors, prospective students and parents
- Review of applications and render decisions consistent with the Colleges’ mission and vision
- Effectively manage assigned recruitment geographic territories
- Responsible for providing advisement and services to transfer students including pre-evaluation of credits
- Prepare transfer credit evaluations for new students in consultation with the Associate Director of Admissions and the Assistant Director
- Interviewing and responding to inquiries from prospective students and parents
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years recruitment/admissions/experience
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License. Must have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violation
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Available to work evenings and weekends for extended periods of time
- Self-directed, works well independently and in a group capacity to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Experience in public speaking
- Working with diverse student groups
Classification/Salary Range: The Admissions Assistant is a UUP position. The anticipated salary range for the position is $39,403 – $40,000 annually, with an outstanding benefits package (for more information please see the UUP Benefit Summary). Review of applications to commence immediately and conclude when the position is filled.
Special Notes: This is a full-time calendar year appointment UUP Position. Fair Labor Standard Acts (FLSA) Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously.
Budget Title: Admissions Assistant
Local Title: Admissions Assistant
Line #: 17076
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For our full non-discrimination statement, see: http://www.sunymaritime.edu/affirmative-action
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call The Office of Human Resource Services at (718) 409-7303 or email at email@example.com. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (718) 409-7350. It can also be viewed on line by selecting University Police at www.sunymaritime.edu
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references
Returning Applicants – Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edits your profile or to upload additional documents.