Rider University invites applications for an Admissions Counselor who will be responsible for obtaining necessary knowledge of all aspects of Rider and acting as a credible spokesperson for the University in a professional and friendly manner. The Admissions Counselor will also be responsible for counseling prospective students; reviewing applications; making admission decisions; and managing a specific recruitment territory.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated technical skills with internet applications, including Google applications, and Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated customer service skills with a diverse population
- Demonstrated written and oral communication and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and vehicle required
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education
- Performing Arts experience
- Experience working with the Educational Opportunity Fund, or similar types of need based grant programs
- Knowledge of all aspects of Rider. This includes the Admissions process, financial aid, student life, all academic programs, and athletics.
The Rider University community is composed of faculty, staff and students from a wide range of cultural backgrounds.
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University has been included as one of the nation’s best universities by US News & World Report and remained in the top tier in the Regional Universities – North category. Additionally, The Princeton Review named Rider among its “Best 387 Colleges” in the nation. Both publications have ranked the University favorably in their respective surveys for more than a decade.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
To apply for this job please visit rider.peopleadmin.com.