Under the guidance of the Director of Admission and Recruitment Marketing, the Assistant Director of Admission and Recruitment Engagement works as part of a team to enable the Office of University Admissions to meet its enrollment goals by actively planning and participating in virtual and on-campus recruitment activities, communication, and marketing to prospective and admitted undergraduate and graduate students. The incumbent is responsible for writing and implementing communication campaigns, assisting with marketing initiatives, assisting with planning and executing recruitment events, and reviewing applications as needed. The position will also be part of a professional team that ensures the data integrity within all systems and will regularly run queries and analyze data to respond to the recruitment and enrollment needs of the University. This position requires evening and weekend hours as needed to participate in recruitment activities.
• Assist the Director of Admission and Recruitment Marketing with the engagement and conversion strategies for prospective undergraduate and graduate students, applicants, and enrolled students through various CRM systems; • Create and execute manual and automated communication tracks for different student types, programs, and levels of engagement; • Deliver personal and relevant communication that effectively target specific market segments with a customized message. Manage market segments and send timely communication based on enrollment goals; • Understand NJIT’s student markets and assist the Director with implementing comprehensive marketing plans to reach out to prospective and admitted students in a timely and effective matter; • Use various reports to track the success of marketing initiatives; • Develop and implement guidelines and a plan for promotion and marketing of events; • Work with the Director to develop and update all marketing and promotional materials, electronic communications, websites, and social media content; • Work closely with NJIT community members in relation to event, marketing, and other recruitment-related activities; • Assist the Director with the distribution of written and electronic applicant decision letters and related correspondence; • Ensure the data integrity within Slate, Axiom, and Banner; • Regularly run queries to share with the Director for recruitment and enrollment analysis.
• Assist with planning and executing on-campus and virtual events for prospective and admitted undergraduate and graduate students and related constituents; • Develop appropriate reports to measure the success of marketing initiatives; • Develop comprehensive customer satisfaction tracking to gauge customer satisfactions of the students participating in recruitment events; • Review applications and make admission decisions as needed; • Represent the university at off-campus recruitment events as needed; • Other duties as assigned by the Director.
• Customer focus/service oriented; • Ability to pay close attention to detail, ensure compliance, and engage in quality assurance; • Innovative thinking; • Team player; • Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; • Demonstrated flexibility and ability to prioritize work functions; • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree; • Minimum of three years of marketing/communications experience in an admissions or a recruitment field within higher education; • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); • Experience with a higher education CRM; • Must have excellent public speaking, written, and verbal skills; • Must be able to work independently, exercise discretion, and assume responsibility; • Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle are required to perform job functions; • Available to work weekends and evenings as needed to participate in recruitment activities; • Occasional travel may be required.
• Experience with Slate and Banner; • Experience in event planning; • Be able to present to diverse audiences, individual students, and groups of different sizes in a positive manner; • Experience working in a STEM-based public university or school with a large number of international students; • Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; • An ability to quickly adapt to new and changing software systems. At the university’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
To apply for this job please visit njit.csod.com.