Under the direction of the Director, Admission and Recruitment Marketing, the Assistant Director of Technology Services is responsible for the maintenance and operation of all recruitment and Admissions-related information systems, including, but not limited to, Banner, Slate, Axiom, Banner Relationship Management (BRM), Banner Document Management System (BDMS), Web Content Management Systems, social media accounts and portals for prospective and admitted students. The incumbent will be required to work evening and weekend hours as needed.
• Serves as primary technical liaison to external vendors (Slate, SPARK451, Common Application, Axiom, etc.) as well as offices throughout NJIT (AIS, UIS, UWS, Enrollment Services departments, etc.). Researches, identifies, evaluates and recommends new technological solutions that best support the strategic enrollment goals of the university and advances the operational needs for University Admissions. • Oversees and implements Admission software/technology to ensure accuracy. Serves as primary technical liaison to Student Information Systems and University Information Systems. Responsible for testing of systems and updates prior to migration to Production environment. • Oversees communication campaigns within Student Relationship Management systems to ensure proactive outreach to students at all stages of the enrollment funnel. This includes responsibility for designing, building, testing and maintaining all BRM campaigns as well as portals for prospective and admitted students. Measurement, analysis and reporting of results are also expected. • Utilizes PL/SQL to develop, analyze and maintain Banner configurations, workflow chains, and Population Selections (Popsels); possesses an understanding of relevant SQL tools such as SQL Developer to analyze and test solutions. • Uses Cognos, ODS, EDW and Microsoft Applications (such as Excel, Access, etc.) to develop, analyze, and review reports to fulfill federal, state and NJIT compliance and reporting requirements. • Coordinates the creation and/or updating of content on admission websites, web forms and social media. This includes, but is not limited to, online application forms, prospect collection, event registration, and surveys. Work closely with the Office of University Web Services (UWS) to create reports that measure online activity (Google analytics) as well as evaluate the web presence.
• Assists with the admissions operation including participation at admission/recruitment events (open house, admitted student day, virtual information sessions, etc.). • Trains office staff with updates to existing systems or new systems. • Maintains and updates student records in Banner. • Represent Admissions in university-wide meetings and/or committees as assigned by the Executive Director of University Admissions.
• Customer Focus: Focus one’s efforts on identifying and meeting internal and external customer’s needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer, within the parameters of the position and the available resources, cognizant of departmental and /or University policy and authorized practices. • Achievement/Goal Orientation: Demonstrate a concern and aptitude for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, showing passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. • Teamwork/Team Orientation: Willingly cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties; works cooperatively with others to accomplish departmental and university objectives. • Communication: Demonstrate the ability to clearly express ideas, thoughts, and concepts verbally and/or in writing, as appropriate to the position and task at hand. • Professionalism: Conduct oneself at all times in an ambassadorial, committed and personable manner demonstrating respect for the position, fellow colleagues, departmental integrity and the University’s best interests.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field; • Minimum of two years of work experience in student information systems as it directly relates to student recruitment and admissions; • Prior experience managing Student Relationship Management system and daily student data exchanges; • Demonstrated experience with configuration and reporting from enterprise information systems; • Demonstrated knowledge and competency with state of the art practice reporting tools (Cognos, PL/SQL, MS Excel, MS Access) and reporting from complex databases; • Availability to work regular weekend and evening hours to meet critical deadlines and to assist in recruitment events as needed, is required; • Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
• Master’s degree in computing or related field is preferred. • Previous experience using Ellucian products (Banner, BRM and BDMS), Slate, Axiom and web content/social media management are also preferred. • Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of the students and offer appropriate solutions. • Ability to quickly adapt to new and changing software systems.
To apply for this job please visit njit.csod.com.