Website Bishop Eustace Preparatory School
College Placement and Guidance Counselor
- Assist students in selecting appropriate courses and subjects through discovering students’ career interests and choices.
- Assist students and parents with college admissions and scholarship opportunities. Conduct educational sessions for students/parents regarding post-high school options and plans.
- Instruct students on the Naviance system, and oversee student completion of information into that system and the Common App for college applications.
- Complete transcript requests.
- Administer appropriate standardized and AP tests to students as needed.
- Record, interpret, and disseminate data to students and staff. Chart trend data of AP, SAT and PSAT scores, college acceptance and college completion data and disseminate to staff with explanations.
- Participate in events outside of the regularly scheduled workday such as orientation, open houses, or conferences.
- Monitor academic work with the administrative team to develop a plan for student success.
- Assist with registration and orientation of new students regarding guidance offerings and scheduling courses.
- Organize and maintain permanent and supplemental student records.
Meet with visiting college representatives.
- Master’s degree and school counseling certification
- 3-5 years experience in college counseling or college admissions experience
- Independent school experience strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com