Website Carnegie Mellon University
University Communications and Marketing at Carnegie Mellon University is searching for a Coulter Welcome Center Coordinator, with demonstrated experience in customer service, general day-to-day operations of a center/office and inventory management. The division of University Communications and Marketing enhances the institution’s global reputation and inspires audiences to choose Carnegie Mellon University. They cultivate the CMU Brand and tell the university’s stories with a rich and authentic voice.
The Welcome Center Coordinator is responsible for creating a welcoming and inviting environment for a diverse group of university visitors, with an emphasis on prospective students and families. This part-time role manages the day-to-day operations of the Welcome Center, including on-site oversight of student ambassadors and serving as a university representative to the general public.
This is an exciting opportunity if you are passionate about customer service and thrive in an environment of diverse people.
– Provide a warm, welcoming and inviting CMU environment to all visitors, CMU community and public walk-ins. Share CMU stories and information; proactively greet each person, answer questions and provide wayfinding as needed.
– Check in guests for campus tours, admission information sessions and other university events, as requested. Schedule group visits, group tours, and assist visitor experience team with coordination of other visit requests, as required.
– Maintain the Coulter Welcome Center space which includes but not limited to opening and closing procedures, inventory management (i.e. materials, giveaways, beverages), space reservation requests, and the appearance, functionality and operation of technology in the space.
– Compile and maintain Welcome Center training documents, procedures and building information to ensure content is always up to date for anyone providing Welcome Center coverage.
– Oversee student ambassadors and others while they are staffing the Welcome Center.
– Work collaboratively with the Assistant Director, Visitor Experience and Campus Tours, the Senior Director, Marketing Strategy and the Coulter Welcome Center Manager to continually enhance the visitor experience program for CMU, including assistance with visitor and event data collection and ongoing CMU brand training to continually learn and refine key messages and points of pride about CMU.
– Partner with Tepper Building Operations, Facilities Management, Undergraduate Admission and other partners/vendors as required.
– Participate in the hiring, training and evaluation process for student ambassadors.
This is an in-person, part-time (average of 22.5 hours per week), 12-month fixed term appointment and operational need will be reassessed for possible extension. Core operating hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays with additional hours required on Fridays and Mondays.
During certain times of the year based on business need, the schedule of hours may vary slightly. Your supervisor will share the schedule in advance.
You must demonstrate:
– Passion for customer service. Proactive in approaching and assisting others, and creating connections with a diverse group of people.
– Ability to take direction and work independently with strong attention to detail while handling multiple demands in a fast-paced environment.
– Proficiency in general office technology and databases (i.e. g-suite, Slack, Monday.com, Box, calendar/scheduling systems)
– Excellent oral, written communications, organizational, problem-solving and reasoning skills.
– Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with staff, students and faculty from all levels of the university.
Adaptability, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within University Communications and Marketing. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of diverse audiences. We are looking for someone with integrity who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
– Minimum one year of customer service, admission, student affairs or administrative management experience required.
– Experience in higher education and working with students highly desired.
– Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, hospitality management, business, higher education administration or other related field preferred.
– PA Act 153 background clearance required.
– Ability to lift deliveries and packages up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
– Means of transportation to and from campus required with the ability to travel on- and off- campus locations as needed; early occasional morning or evening hours may be required.
To apply for this job please visit lnkd.in.