Florida’s only state university dedicated solely to STEM.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at Florida Polytechnic University invites applications and nominations for a Regional Recruiter position located in the New York City region.
Florida’s first and only state university dedicated solely to STEM fields, Florida Poly offers an education focused exclusively on the discovery, development and application of evolving computer science, tech and engineering innovations within a cutting-edge curriculum.
Strategically positioned between Tampa and Orlando, Florida Poly offers over 30 programs of study such as Cyber Security, Software Engineering, Robotics, Nanotechnology, Environmental Engineering, and many others With an average class size of 24 students, an 18:1 student/faculty ratio, admitted student SAT of 1300 and a 51% selectivity rate, Florida Poly students are immersed in a hands-on, project and research-based learning environment designed to shape future innovators within lucrative high-tech industries.
The Northeast Region Admissions Counselor/Recruiter is responsible for recruiting undergraduate from high schools and colleges and requires travel to high schools and college fairs from Washington, DC, Philadelphia, Boston and the NYC Metropolitan region. This high-energy professional will have daily contact with prospective students, parents, high school counselors, teachers and university officials to identify and recruit high caliber students for STEM disciplines in sunny Florida.
- Identify targeted territories, high schools, college fairs, and students and develop an effective, creative and aggressive recruitment campaign that would include digital outreach; calls; high school visits, presentations, meetings; one-on-one counseling sessions; family visits, college fairs, guidance counselor events, and third-party/vendor partnerships.
- Present, promote and represent Florida Poly through innovative informational promotional methods, events, tabling, meetings, and appearances to high school students, families, guidance counselors, teachers and administrators to develop and enthusiastically manage key relationships
- Achieve agreed upon targets and outcomes within schedule
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track inquiries and applications through periodic status reports
- Keep abreast of best practices and continuously improve through feedback
- Review and evaluate applications and other materials for fit and admission recommendations decisions. Answer inquiries from parents, students, and counselors regarding the status of applications, basis for the admissions decisions, scholarship opportunities and special recruitment programs.
- Travel to Florida for training expected once per term.
- Understands and adheres to state statutes and Florida Administrative Code regarding freshman admission to the SUS, residency requirements for tuition purposes and selective admission criteria to Florida Polytechnic University.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires strong interpersonal and writing skills, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the University in a positive way to diverse populations.
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database software tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to travel, load and transport admissions materials, displays and other equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of appropriate experience. Appropriate graduate work may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
This position is salary exempt. The normal work schedule varies according to recruiting schedule. Regular out-of-town and/or out-of-state travel is required. Appointment is for 10 months, with the months of June and July (and/or August) off.
To apply for this job please visit flpoly.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.