McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Director of Transfer Admissions. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts with employer match, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for details.
The Office of Admissions at McDaniel College is seeking a passionate, creative individual to add to our dynamic team. The Assistant/Associate Director of Transfer Admissions actively recruits and represents McDaniel College at community college transfer events, college fairs, campus visits, and community events with a focus on outreach. The counselor must understand and appreciate the philosophy of a liberal arts education and assist students in finding an academic fit within their educational journey. Using their thorough knowledge of the transfer process, they will effectively communicate information pertaining to transfer admission requirements, curriculum, and housing. This position is strongly focused on providing outstanding customer service and follow through, while ensuring the maintenance of accurate records and the integrity of confidential information.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Interviewing prospective transfer students (and families) and addressing all incoming inquiries in a prompt, friendly, and professional manner.
· Advising prospective and current students and families on credit evaluation, transfer credit equivalencies and other related transfer policies as well as provide general information about the transfer admissions process.
· Actively participating in internal recruitment events (i.e. Open Houses, Accepted Student Days, etc) as a representative for all prospective transfer students and as a member of the enrollment team.
· Actively recruiting at transfer fairs and operate information tables during the academic year at community colleges and other two-year institutions.
· Establishing and maintaining connections with counselors at the community colleges within the larger region, focusing on forging relationships with potential students. Travel is required and the identified candidate may spend up to 2-3 days per week on community college campuses.
· Creating an active recruitment calendar solidifying McDaniel College’s steady presence in community college counseling/transfer centers.
· Maintaining a detailed and current knowledge of majors, programs, and the curriculum, including degree requirements
For a complete job description including qualifications and to apply, please go to the college’s employment website. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Open until filled.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status. For more information on the College’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please visit https://www.mcdaniel.edu/about-us/diversity-equity-inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit mcdaniel.interviewexchange.com.