McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Director of Transfer Admissions. Salary for this full-time, 12-month position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts with employer match, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for details.
The Assistant/Associate Director of Transfer Admissions actively recruits and represents McDaniel College at community college transfer events, college fairs, campus visits, and community events with a focus on outreach. The counselor must understand and appreciate the philosophy of a liberal arts education and assist students in finding an academic fit within their educational journey. Using their thorough knowledge of the transfer process, they will effectively communicate information pertaining to transfer admission requirements, curriculum, and housing. This position is strongly focused on providing outstanding customer service and follow through, while ensuring the maintenance of accurate records and the integrity of confidential information.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· One to three years of experience in a college/university transfer admissions
· Must have a strong interest to recruit students to McDaniel College and the ability to communicate the value of a McDaniel College education.
· Must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment, as well as work autonomously
· Valid driver’s license with two or less points.
· Excellent writing and verbal skills are essential.
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills required
· Must be committed to the value of a liberal arts education.
· Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
· Ability to utilize software packages related to admissions, Slate experience preferred.
· Ability to phone, travel, and participate in evening and weekend events, with Saturday/Sunday events scheduled regularly throughout the year.
For a complete job description including a detailed list of responsibilities and to apply, please visit the college’s employment webpage. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of resumes begins immediately.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit employment.mcdaniel.edu.