Website New Jersey Institute of Technology
Under the guidance of the Director of Student Recruitment, the Admissions Recruiter works as part of a team to enable the Office of University Admissions to meet its enrollment goals by actively participating in recruitment initiatives targeting prospective students (undergraduate and graduate); manages an assigned recruitment territory; traveling extensively throughout the year; evaluates students applications and makes admission decisions; and assist with recruitment programming. The Admissions Recruiter must be familiar with both undergraduate and graduate academic programs and admission criteria. This position is expected to work regular weekend and evening hours.
· Represents the University to prospective students and the general public with the highest degree of professionalism through an array of outreach programs and activities including but not limited to the following: visiting high schools, community colleges and colleges, attending college fair programs, communicating with prospective students throughout the recruitment and admission process, and other assigned outreach initiatives;
· Travels in and out of state during peak recruitment period (September to December and February to May), to engage and inform prospective and current students and their families as well as develop positive educational partnerships and working relationships with external stakeholders such high school, community college and college counselors;
· Provides timely follow through on communication plans by initiating & answering correspondence and inquiries from prospective students and their families;
· Participates in on campus visitation programs, new student orientations, campus retention programs, and commencement events;
· Compiles annual territory reports and other regular updates of assigned recruitment activities;
· Attends and assists in all on-campus and virtual recruitment events including Open Houses, Information Sessions, admitted students receptions and/or Saturday information sessions.
· Reviews individual applications and evaluates candidates for admission eligibility; including conducting interviews, troubleshooting applications, virtual events, and overseeing and/or coordinating communications with applicants;
· Responds to inquiries and independently researches and resolves problems;
· Responds to walk-in, e-mail and telephone inquiries;
· Maintains student records in the Student Information system.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
· Strong analytical skills for reading applications, answering questions, and strategizing recruitment territory and travel schedule;
· Must have an excellent public speaking skills. Strong written and verbal skills to support relationship building with prospective students and other constituents;
· Valid driver’s license, passport and personal vehicle are required to perform job functions;
· Availability to work regular weekend and evenings to participate in recruitment events;
· Extensive year-round travel is required;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
At the university’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
To apply for this job please visit njit.csod.com.