Website New Jersey Institute of Technology
Under the guidance of the Executive Director of University Admissions, the Director of Student Recruitment is responsible for the planning, implementing and evaluating the recruitment strategies for undergraduate and graduate students. The incumbent will supervise the recruitment staff and works as part of a team to ensure the Office of University Admissions meets the university’s enrollment goals. It is imperative that the Director have knowledge of both undergraduate and graduate academic programs and admissions criteria. It is expected that the director will remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development conferences, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Executive Director of University Admissions.
New Jersey Institute of Technology, founded in 1881, is a public research university located in Newark, New Jersey, USA. The university is organized into 16 academic departments within five academic colleges: The Newark College of Engineering, College of Science and Liberal Arts, College of Architecture and Design, the Ying Wu College of Computing, and the Martin Tuchman School of Management, in addition to the Albert Dorman Honors College.
Located in the heart of the New York City metropolitan area, NJIT offers 51 undergraduate (Bachelor of Science/Arts) majors and 79 graduate (Masters and PhD) programs. NJIT is an economic engine for New Jersey and the NYC metropolitan area and offers outstanding return on investment for its graduates. The university is currently in the midst of a strategic hiring initiative which aims to bring the best and brightest faculty and administrators into our diverse community. These investments will continue to propel NJIT towards tomorrow’s scientific and technological frontiers.
· Supervise and manage the recruitment staff and lead the recruitment team to ensure prompt and continuous engagements with students throughout the enrollment lifecycle;
· Develop, assign, monitor and evaluate outreach strategies for the student recruitment team;
· Create daily and weekly reports to monitor metrics to gauge the effectiveness and success of recruiting efforts;
· Work closely with the marketing staff to recommend recruitment strategies and implement targeted outreach to prospective students, applicants and admitted students;
· Plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs, special projects, events, and other recruitment initiatives geared to recruiting students within targeted populations and facilitating admission into NJIT;
· Create and manage communication strategies for prospective and admitted students utilizing tools such as customer relationship management to send out letters, e-mails, texts and make phone calls and/or personal appointments;
· Review individual applications and evaluate candidates for admission eligibility; including conducting interview, troubleshooting applications, virtual events, and overseeing and/or coordinating communication with applicants;
· Maintain student records in the Student Information system;
· Occasional travel is expected to engage and inform prospective and current students and their families as well as develop positive educational partnerships and working relationships with external stakeholders such high school, community college and college counselors;
· Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds;
· Contributes to the success of the Office of University Admissions by advising and assisting the Executive Director of University Admissions in all aspects relating to the recruitment and admission of students and by performing all other essential duties as assigned.
· Master’s degree in a related field;
· Minimum of five years’ of recruitment experience in an academic environment.
· Minimum of three years’ of management experience in higher education;
· Demonstrated experience in developing marketing, communication and social media strategies for student recruitment;
· Demonstrated, analytical and critical thinking skills;
· Must have excellent public speaking skills. Strong written and verbal skills to support relationship building with prospective students and other constituents;
· Valid driver’s license, passport and personal vehicle are required to perform job functions;
· Availability to work regular weekend and evenings to participate in recruitment events;
· Ability to travel year-round is required;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
At the university’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Compensation for this position starts at $90,000.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.njit.edu.
To build a diverse workforce, NJIT encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women. EEO employer.
NEW JERSEY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
University Heights, Newark, NJ 07102-1982
To apply for this job please visit njit.csod.com.