Website New Jersey Institute of Technology
Under the guidance of the Executive Director of University Admission, the Enrollment Services Manager works as part of a team to enable the Office of University Admissions to meet its enrollment goals. The ESM manages all enrollment aspects of assigned master’s and/or certificate program(s) with emphasis on domestic and on-line students. Enrollment aspects include, but are not limited recruitment, application processing, evaluating applications, implementing marketing initiatives, student orientation, and on-going student support for current students. The ESM serves as the primary point of contact person for students throughout the admissions/enrollment process and throughout the academic career at NJIT.
New Jersey Institute of Technology, founded in 1881, is a public research university located in Newark, New Jersey, USA. The university is organized into 16 academic departments within five academic colleges: The Newark College of Engineering, College of Science and Liberal Arts, College of Architecture and Design, the Ying Wu College of Computing, and the Martin Tuchman School of Management, in addition to the Albert Dorman Honors College.
Located in the heart of the New York City metropolitan area, NJIT offers 51 undergraduate (Bachelor of Science/Arts) majors and 79 graduate (Masters and PhD) programs. NJIT is an economic engine for New Jersey and the NYC metropolitan area and offers outstanding return on investment for its graduates. The university is currently in the midst of a strategic hiring initiative which aims to bring the best and brightest faculty and administrators into our diverse community. These investments will continue to propel NJIT towards tomorrow’s scientific and technological frontiers.
Recruitment and Admissions
• Serve as a primary point of contact for assigned domestic and/or online master’s and/or certificate prospective students, applicants, and current students. Utilize a variety of channels to communicate with assigned student. These channels include in-person contact, email, telephone, texting, video-conferencing, and other forms of communication;
• Develop and implement recruitment and marketing strategies along with communication methods to move students through the recruitment and admission process to the point of registration and enrollment;
• Review applications and evaluate candidates for admission eligibility including conducting interviews, troubleshooting applications, and overseeing and/or coordinating communication with applicants;
• Utilize software systems and reports to maintain and track students through the application and enrollment process;
• Maintain a strong knowledge of all NJIT academic programs and keep current of program updates. This includes a thorough knowledge and use of admission criteria necessary to guide students through the recruitment, admission and enrollment process;
• Attend and assist in all on-campus and virtual recruitment events including Open Houses, Information Sessions, admitted students receptions campus retention programs, and commencement events;
• Travel to represent the university at recruitment events is required;
• Compile annual report of recruitment activities and other regular updates of assigned students populations;
• Maintain student records in the Student Information system.
• Provide information related to the admission and application process, financial aid process, registering and scheduling advising appointments, registering for classes, determining payments, as well as other support services available to students;
• Work closely with the University’s Retention team to monitor student success and graduation;
• Contributes to the success of the Office of University Admissions by advising and assisting the Executive Director of University Admissions in all aspects relating to the recruitment and admission of students and by performing all other essential duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
· At least two years of higher education enrollment experience;
· Must have an excellent public speaking skills. Strong written and verbal skills to support relationship building with prospective students and other constituents;
· Valid driver’s license, passport and personal vehicle are required to perform job functions;
· Availability to work regular weekend and evenings to participate in recruitment events;
· Some travel is required;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
At the university’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
To apply for this job please visit njit.csod.com.