Rutgers University - New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Dean III to lead national and international recruitment efforts for the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences. This position, in consultation with other units at the School and across Rutgers—New Brunswick, develops, refines, and implements a comprehensive strategy for recruiting and enrolling students in the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences with special emphasis on out-of-state and international students. The Assistant Dean III manages the budget associated with these activities. The person in this position is part of a team of advisors in the Office of Academic Programs dedicated to general undergraduate advising and student success.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Responsible for the full range of duties associated with recruiting and enrolling new students: planning, coordinating, and implementing recruitment/enrollment events or programs and other processes. This will include occasional out-of-state and international travel.
• Responsible for collaborating with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Office of International Programs to target various regions, partner universities, and high schools to diversify outreach efforts.
• Works with faculty and staff to develop recruiting content about the School and its programs for print media, the web, email, and social media that includes text, images, video, and other content, particularly with emphasis on both domestic and international student populations.
• Recruits, trains, and advises a diverse group of volunteer student ambassadors who assist in recruiting and enrolling prospective students.
• Works with deans and staff in the Office of Academic Programs (OAP) and the Office of International Programs to develop robust systems for academic and social support, orientation activities, and ongoing academic support.
• Responsible for providing developmental, student-centered academic advising regarding all academic programs, including academic support programs, available to all SEBS students.
• Participates in and provides direction, advice, coordination, and supervision as appropriate to university-wide, SEBS-wide, and Office of Academic Programs-wide programs, academic initiatives, and administrative processes, including those held in the evenings and on weekends.
• Serves as general reference to all faculty and staff regarding academic policies and procedure and addressing student concerns. Manages and assesses data to track recruitment progress and institutional goals. Creates and analyzes recruitment and enrollment reports to gauge and modify ongoing recruitment and retention efforts.
To apply: http://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/72714
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rutgers.edu.