Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Admissions Officer for Undergraduate Admissions- New Brunswick. This position reports to the Associate Director for Recruitment & Outreach. The Senior Admissions Officer, focusing on Diversity and Access, plans and implements a full range of recruitment and yield activities focused on diverse student populations, including (but not limited to) underrepresented minorities, low-income, first-generation, EOF (educational opportunity fund)-eligible, and other historically disenfranchised or traditionally under-served groups that have experienced barriers to accessing higher education.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Oversees the planning, coordination and implementation of programming, including high school and college visits, fairs, panels, receptions, and other initiatives directed towards student, parent, counselor, and other educator populations.
• Works closely with Admissions’ Marketing and Communications team to develop a communications outreach plan to engage the audiences above.
• Manages a programming budget and provide guidance to temporary and/or student employees.
• Analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of activities with comprehensive year-end reports.
• Reviews, evaluates and makes decisions on assigned proportion of applications. Works to identify and eliminate potential barriers to applying and enrolling for undeserved students, and serves as primary admissions counselor to underrepresented minorities, first-generation, EOF and other under-served populations.
• Represents Undergraduate Admissions on campus-wide committees and collaborates with key campus partners that support diversity initiatives, (e.g., EOF administration, Office of Financial Aid, Office of Student Access and Equity, Cultural Centers, Veterans Affairs, underrepresented student and alumni groups, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rutgers.edu.