Website Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Admissions Officer for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. This position reports to the Senior Assistant Director for Recruitment & Outreach. The Senior Admissions Officer is responsible for strategically planning and implementing a full range of recruitment & yield activities within the state of NJ, with a laser focus on key university student populations, including honors, multicultural, and EOF applicants and admits.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Contributes to designing a strategic plan for all recruitment & yield initiatives conducted within the state of NJ. This includes high school visits, college fairs, panels, counselor programs, and admitted student programming within all 21 counties of NJ, accounting for hundreds of annual events.
• Dedicates efforts that focus on specialized programming for honors, multicultural, and EOF applicants and admits.
• Partners closely with the Honors College and Honors Programs as well as make in-roads with elite private/independent schools, CBO’s and other access-programs so that the University can meet its goals of increasing the academic profile by keeping the best and brightest students within NJ yet yielding a class reflective of the diverse population within NJ, which is in-line with our mission as the Flagship university.
• Oversees the state of NJ; which means active participation within NJACAC; including presentations at conferences.
• Oversees budget, where approval will be needed for recruitment expenditures as well as recruitment travel reimbursements for recruiters on staff.
• Oversees personnel; overseeing and providing daily supervision to staff in support of recruiting efforts in NJ. Handles day-to-day supervision, communications, and ensures staff are properly equipped and supplied.
• Coordinates all aspects of hiring, training, and evaluation and discipline as necessary.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rutgers.edu.