Rutgers University - New Brunswick
The Division of Enrollment Management at Rutgers University–New Brunswick (EMNB) is comprised of seven student-facing and administrative units: Undergraduate Admissions, the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of the Registrar, and the One Stop Student Services Center, as well as business, information technology, and strategy and analytics administrative teams. The division employs over 100 full-time staff and an additional 200+ student employees to fulfill its mission.
The division is driven by research, galvanized by progress, and motivated by a relentless commitment to student access and academic excellence. It works at the intersection of administration and innovation to set enrollment strategy, foster student success, and inform university policy and practice. EM–NB attracts the best and brightest students to Rutgers’ flagship campus, supports them through their time on the banks, and celebrates their graduation each year.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Admissions Officer for Undergraduate Admissions. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Applicant Evaluation, the Admissions Counselor has primary responsibility for the coordination of the review and notification of undergraduate applications for admission and programs for Rutgers University—New Brunswick undergraduate applicants who apply through the New Brunswick Undergraduate Admissions office and are maintained on the undergraduate admissions system. In consultation with admissions directors and school deans, discusses academic credentials, admissions parameters, and adherence to the University Senate Policy on Undergraduate Admissions.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Meets with admissions committees.
- Assists with defining program parameters; and resolves issues related to the above matters.
- Communicates and provides admissions status information to university personnel representing state and federal government relations, deans, academic, and administrative units.
- Drafts training manuals and participates in the training of new staff and seasonal employees in admissions’ procedures and policies.
- Participates in standard admissions counselor/officer duties, including student/family admissions counseling, presenting for information sessions, and fulfilling an assigned number of recruitment activities.
- Develops and completes special projects as needed at all stages of the recruitment cycle through enrollment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rutgers.edu.