Website SUNY Maritime College
About SUNY Maritime College:
SUNY Maritime College located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The campus blends the best of two worlds: a comfortable college-town feel with the greatest city in the world. An impressive view of the sound extends toward the North Atlantic, yet only a few miles away are Yankee Stadium and midtown Manhattan. SUNY Maritime offers an array of employment opportunities stemming from entry level to professional positions which encourage growth and development among its employees.
- Represent the college at recruitment activities in a knowledgeable, friendly and effective manner
- Assist in all aspects of the campus visit program, including but not limited to daily campus tours, selected Saturday, transfer student tours, and other special tours to provide the highest quality experience to prospective students and their families
- Effectively manage an assigned recruitment territory and develop comprehensive plans for travel and outreach aligned with the institution’s strategic priorities
- Conduct informative sessions on and off campus to a variety of audiences and size
- Build strong relationships with prospective students and families, school counselors, community colleges, and community based organizations
- Counsels and communicate with prospective students about academic programs offered, admission requirements, funding your education, Regiment of Cadets and student life
- Read, evaluate, and render admission decisions consistent with the college’s mission, vision, and strategic priorities
- Provide office support by assisting in the execution of the communication plan, visiting with prospective students during campus visits, and providing call support
- Adhere to NACAC’s Statement of Principles of Good Practice (SPGP)
- Performs other duties as assigned that are appropriate for the position
- This position requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours, as well as extensive travel.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of professional college admissions or related higher education experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, Student Information System (SIS)
- Knowledge of using web-based platforms
- Self-directed, works well independently and in a group capacity
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License. Must have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violation
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Master’s degree
- 2 years of professional college admissions experience working with undergraduate students
- Intermediate knowledge and use of Banner student information system
- Strong commitment to serving students
- Working with diverse student groups
Classification/Salary Range: The Senior Admissions Counselor is a UUP position. The anticipated salary range for the position is $48,201 – $51,500 annually, with an outstanding benefits package (for more information please see the UUP Benefit Summary). Review of applications to commence immediately and conclude when the position is filled.
Special Notes: This is a full-time calendar year appointment UUP Position. Fair Labor Standard Acts (FLSA) Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously.
Budget Title: Admissions Advisor
Local Title: Senior Admissions Counselor
Line #: 00670
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For our full non-discrimination statement, see: http://www.sunymaritime.edu/affirmative-action
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call The Office of Human Resource Services at (718) 409-7303 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (718) 409-7350. It can also be viewed on line by selecting University Police at www.sunymaritime.edu
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references
Returning Applicants – Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edits your profile or to upload additional documents.
To apply for this job please visit maritime.interviewexchange.com.