Website St. Benedict's Preparatory School
College Placement Counselor
St. Benedict’s Prep seeks an energetic, dedicated, full-time college placement counselor to begin in January. The position serves students in our Boys Prep and Girls Prep Divisions.
The successful candidate can:
- relate to a wide range of students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds;
- counsel students about their college choices, with an emphasis on affordability and the availability of need-based financial aid;
- write personalized counselor recommendations for students with a wide range of academic profiles and coach students in writing their personal essays and supplemental college essays;
- learn how to assist students with the financial aid application process (FAFSA and CSSProfile);
- work beyond the regular 9 to 5 work day;
- become familiar with Naviance for college placement counselors; and
- chaperone students on day and occasional overnight college trips.
St. Benedict’s Prep is a 153-year-old Catholic school with a rigorous academic program and vibrant activities program. The 950 students (co-ed K-5, co-ed 6-8, all-boys 9-12, and all-girls 9-12) and 80 faculty members work together to build a community whose members are responsible to one another for developing character and talent.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Mask wearing is compulsory, daily COVID checklist required, established procedures for quarantining and contact tracing, rapid testing available on site, ventilation improvements (hospital grade HVAC filters and vent assist devices)
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Experience: Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org