Website St. Lawrence University
St. Lawrence University anticipates an opening in the Office of Admissions for the position of Assistant Director of Admissions beginning January, 2018.
- Leading, planning, and implementing admissions procedures, operations, correspondence and contact with prospective students, applicants, and matriculating students
- Direct outreach and engagement with potential students
- Manage a large recruitment territory and plan targeted locations and contacts
- Create presentations, evaluate candidates for admission and independently make decisions on recommendations for admission
- Must be knowledgeable about financial aid to evaluate and counsel in personal interviews
- Hire, train and direct students workers
- Must be able to effectively communicate the value of a St. Lawrence education to students, parents and counselors
- Must manage electronic recruitment resources and related systems and work both independently and as a member of a team
- Coordinate scholarships and special projects as assigned
- Substantial travel is expected
- Experience in admissions doing some or all of the following: student recruitment, territory management, interviewing prospective students and application review required.
- A bachelor’s degree and a valid driver’s license are required
- Frequent travel along with evening and weekend work required
- Must possess outstanding oral and written communication skills, a strong, self-motivated work ethic, and an appreciation of the value of a liberal arts education and of diverse cultures
- Must have the ability to make decisions using independent discretion and judgment
- Requires strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks well and with changing priorities and situations
- Ability to perform well under the pressure of deadlines and other administrative demands expected
- Candidates are expected to be highly organized, technically proficient, and dedicated to the admissions office and the University
- Proven ability to work with a wide variety of people, high energy, creative initiative and flexibility are essential
- The ability and confidence to exercise discretion while working independently, as well as the commitment to working as part of a team, are expected
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations.
St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://employment.stlawu.edu/ →