Website Stevens Institute of Technology
Stevens Institute of Technology offers an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Director of Admissions in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The position will participate fully in a wide range of admissions activities representing the university in all aspects of territory management, with additional focus on domestic and international transfer students.
An Assistant Director at Stevens Institute of Technology determines the admissibility of prospective students in accordance with the admissions standards and policies of the university. This highly visible role requires a self-motivated, vibrant person who can communicate with prospective students and interested parties to explain the college admission policies and procedures and accurately answer questions. This position requires travel to high schools, transfer fairs and other forums to inform prospective students and school counselors of admission standards and policies, the programs of the university, and campus life. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Undergraduate Admission.
The primary responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Represents Stevens Institute of Technology during virtual and in-person recruitment activities
- Manage assigned incoming freshman recruitment territory which includes travel to off-campus territory, recruiting both in-person and virtually, interviewing, presentations and events coverage, counseling families, interacting with school counselors, freshman and transfer application file reading, and recommending admissions decisions
- Work with the Director of Undergraduate Admission to strategize and develop transfer student recruitment and yield initiatives
- In coordination with the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and the Associate Director of International Admissions, manage all aspects of the transfer process for both international and domestic students. Work with Office of Undergraduate Academics to facilitate credit evaluation and course scheduling. Work with the Office of the Registrar to ensure that all final transcripts are received. Maintain knowledge of academic curricula to properly counsel students about credit that may be received. Assist the Office of Student Life with Spring and Fall transfer orientations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least three years of admissions experience or similar demonstrated undergraduate admissions background and industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license and U.S. passport
- High attention to customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse constituents
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends as necessary to assist with on campus events as well as recruiting duties off campus
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills
- Experience with credit evaluation, including foreign credentials
- Experience using the Slate CRM Platform
Stevens Institute of Technology, The Innovation University®, is a premier, private research university situated in Hoboken, N.J. overlooking the Manhattan skyline. Founded in 1870, technological innovation has been the hallmark and legacy of Stevens’ education and research programs for more than 140 years. Within the university’s three schools and one college, more than 6,100 undergraduate and graduate students collaborate with more than 350 faculty members in an interdisciplinary, student-centric, entrepreneurial environment to advance the frontiers of science and leverage technology to confront global challenges. Stevens is home to three national research centers of excellence, as well as joint research programs focused on critical industries such as healthcare, energy, finance, defense, STEM education and coastal sustainability. The university is consistently ranked among the nation’s elite for return on investment for students, career services programs and mid-career salaries of alumni. Stevens is in the midst of a 10-year strategic plan, The Future. Ours to Create., designed to further extend the Stevens legacy to create a forward-looking and far-reaching institution with global impact.
Undergraduate Admissions Recruitment
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
To apply for this job please visit stevens.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.