Website Susquehanna University
Bachelor’s degree required.
2 years of work in admission and with a CRM (Slate preferred). Preference for bi-lingual communicator (Spanish).
The Assistant Director will build and execute, in consultation with the AVP of Admission and Associate/Senior Associate Director of Admission, an effective strategy to recruit first-year students from an assigned geographic territory to support broader enrollment objectives. The Assistant Director will report to the Associate/Senior Associate Director of Admission.
· · Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates all phases of recruitment within assigned geographical areas for visiting high schools and attending college day/night programs and representing Susquehanna to students, counselors, teachers and administrators.
· Plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates off campus interviews and other promotional programs within assigned geographical areas for prospective students, parents, independent counselors and high school personnel.
· Contacts Susquehanna alumni, parents and students to assist with recruitment of prospective students within assigned geographical areas.
· Checks on the status of applications for admissions, financial aid and scholarships for prospective students within assigned geographical areas.
· Evaluates and makes recommendations on admission decisions to the Admissions Committee.
· Conducts on and off-campus admissions interviews with prospective students.
· Develops and executes a telephone and email communications recruiting plan to meet territory enrollment goals following admission.
· Handles correspondence with prospective students and their parents.
· Handles telephone and written inquiries regarding the admissions status of prospective students.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Ability to work independently, develop and execute a recruiting plan, demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication, possess strong organizational skills, and the sensitivity and responsiveness to build effective recruiting relationships with a diverse constituency; ability to set priorities and work collaboratively within a high-functioning team. Demonstrated ability to think critically and initiate and implement projects independently, knowledge of Susquehanna University and the value of a liberal arts education, communicate effectively over the phone and in writing, demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity, knowledge or willingness and ability to learn how to use complex software, skilled at formal presentation to small and large groups, ability to converse with applicants and parents to determine what they are really looking for in their college experience, to convey fit/match with Susquehanna, knowledge of and ability to use a variety of social media platforms, willing to travel and work a varied schedule including nights and weekends, knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel, ability to represent the office and the University in a professional manner.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.susqu.edu.