Website Susquehanna University
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,300 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Senior Associate Director of Admissions will build and execute, in consultation with the AVP of Admissions and Vice President for Enrollment, an effective strategy to recruit first-year students from an assigned geographic territory. Additionally, they will be charged with overseeing territory management strategies and the application review process. This position is defined as an exempt position under FLSA regulations.
- Serve as a member of the Admission Team managing a recruitment territory to achieve enrollment goals for the University.
- Lead creation of strategy related to travel and territory management and implement across counselors
- Supervise counseling team members in Associate Director/Assistant Director/Admission Counselor roles.
- Coordinate and oversee on-boarding of new admission counselors.
- Track and monitor application review to include training, numbers oversight and distribution of review load.
- Provide leadership and strategic initiatives for yield and melt mitigation efforts.
- Serve as liaison to cross campus partners (could include athletics, residence life, FYE, advancement, career development).
- Representative to the ELCA consortium.
- Implement recruitment strategies as outlined in the admissions plan in the assigned territory to include high school and community college visits, attends college fairs, area receptions,
- Provide follow-up to students and parents via phone, text messages, letters, email and scheduled appointments in specific territory.
- Review applications for admission and scholarship.
- Conduct admission presentations and interviews to visitors during on campus and off-campus events.
- Advise students and families of admission requirements, process guidelines, financial aid, scholarship information, academic programs, residence life, etc.
- Complete routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
- Initiate, plan, and execute special projects in conjunction with the goals of the office.
- Work with current students, staff, faculty, alumni and other stakeholders that assist with the recruitment of students.
- Evaluate program effectiveness, assesses outcomes, and develops improved programming to achieve goals, complete cost analyses, for programs/events.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Office of Admission and the university by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to work independently.
- Develop and execute a recruiting plan.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess strong organization skills
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to build effective recruiting relationships with a diverse constituency.
- Set priorities, manage multiple projects, and work collaboratively within a high-functioning team.
- Ability to develop collaborative and productive working relationships with prospective students and parents; guidance counselors, Susquehanna administrators, faculty, staff, students and alumni
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The candidate will supervise professional staff as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience: Six (6) or more years of professional work experience in admissions or a related field required.
- Additional Requirements: This position requires a valid driver’s license, and the ability to drive and qualify under the university’s insurance carrier when driving a university and/or leased vehicle.
- Physical Demand: Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time; be able to carry and transport 40 pounds of material and or equipment; must be licensed driver of an automobile with an acceptable driving record; must be able to travel long distances if needed, by airplane and by automobile. Must be able to work nights and weekends throughout the year.
Preference will be given to graduates of liberal arts institutions.
Full-Time Benefits Eligible, 12 months. Please contact Jessica Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.susqu.edu.