Website SUNY Maritime College
About SUNY Maritime College:
SUNY Maritime College located on a 55-acre scenic waterfront property on the outskirts of New York City on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The campus blends the best of two worlds: a comfortable college-town feel with the greatest city in the world. An impressive view of the sound extends toward the North Atlantic, yet only a few miles away are Yankee Stadium and midtown Manhattan. SUNY Maritime offers an array of employment opportunities stemming from entry level to professional positions which encourage growth and development among its employees.
Under the direct supervision and leadership of the Associate Director of Admissions, the Transfer Counselor oversees the operation, training, and monitoring of transfer recruitment, admission, and enrollment processes. Conducts credit evaluations with the understanding of all academic programs in line with college and SUNY policies.
- Responsible for recruiting prospective students and representing the college in a variety of settings such as community college presentation, transfer fairs, career expos, college night programs, on and off campus events, coordinating on-site admission and immediate decision days within assigned geographic territories
- Responsible for the transfer evaluation process, including but not limited to evaluation of all undergraduate transcripts, test, or examinations for potential transferrable credits based on institutional policies and practices
- Responsible for creating and maintaining course equivalency and entering transfer credits into our student information system (Banner)
- Conduct appointments, interviews, review applications, and render admission decisions for transfer applicants in a professional and customer-focused approach
- Counsel and advise prospective students concerning the application and admission processes
- Assist the dean in developing articulation agreements and executing a marketing plan to attract transfer students
- Keep current on college programs, policies and procedures, as well as, regional and national transfer student enrollment trends
- Provides office support by assisting in the execution of the communication plan, visiting with prospective students during campus visits, and providing call support
- Be an active member in the New York State Transfer and Articulation Association (NYSTAA)
- Performs other duties as assigned that are appropriate for the position
- This position requires a flexible schedule including evening and weekend hours, as well as extensive travel.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of professional college admissions experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, Student Information System (SIS)
- Knowledge of using web-based platforms
- Self-directed, works well independently and in a group capacity
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License. Must have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violation
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Master’s degree
- 2 years of professional college admissions experience working with transfer students
- Intermediate knowledge and use of Banner student information system
- Knowledge of Degree Works
- Strong commitment to serving transfer students
- Strength in data analysis, trouble shooting and problem solving
- Working with diverse student groups
Classification/Salary Range: The Transfer Admissions Counselor is a UUP position. The anticipated salary range for the position is $48,201 – $51,500 annually, with an outstanding benefits package (for more information please see the UUP Benefit Summary). Review of applications to commence immediately and conclude when the position is filled.
Special Notes: This is a full-time calendar year appointment UUP Position. Fair Labor Standard Acts (FLSA) Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously.
Budget Title: Admissions Advisor
Local Title: Transfer Admissions Counselor
Line #: 00671
SUNY Maritime College is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled/Affirmative Action employer, committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For our full non-discrimination statement, see: http://www.sunymaritime.edu/affirmative-action
SUNY Maritime College is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, volunteers and the general public that use our facilities. Therefore, in order to ensure the hiring of employees of the highest integrity and to maintain a safe campus community, SUNY Maritime College will conduct pre-employment background investigations on all individuals for whom employment is to be offered.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call The Office of Human Resource Services at (718) 409-7303 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (718) 409-7350. It can also be viewed on line by selecting University Police at www.sunymaritime.edu
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references
Returning Applicants – Login to your SUNY Maritime Careers Account to check your completed application, check/edits your profile or to upload additional documents.
To apply for this job please visit maritime.interviewexchange.com.