About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany’s broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,900 students in nine schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State’s capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The University at Albany seeks a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Admissions Counselor. The Admissions Counselor participates in the planning and execution of the recruitment activities associated with attracting and enrolling students who represent the priority enrollment goals outlined for the Undergraduate Admissions office. The incumbent must have demonstrated communication skills and enthusiasm to represent the University to prospective students, their families, and high school counselors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage specific recruitment territories:
- examine regional student data and make qualified recommendations of sources for the acquisition of likely leads appropriate to the territory
- strategic travel for up to 8 weeks in the fall, and up to 5 weeks of spring travel in Kings and Queens counties, New York to meet with students and counselors at high schools, community colleges, and college fairs
- review and evaluation of applications to the University from these territories
- Develop information programs in respective regions (e.g., information nights) for UAlbany or in collaboration with other collegiate institutions for prospective applicants
- Plan and manage post-acceptance regional yield events
- Manage the Telephone Calling Program (telemarketing) for the Admissions Outreach effort
- Cultivate relationships with high school counselors in assigned regions to serve as their primary point of contact/resource at UAlbany
- Host on-campus visitors in a variety of formats for prospective students and families
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- 1 – 3 years experience in admissions, sales, customer service, advising, counseling or a related field
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Valid/clean driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to travel extensively and work some weekends/evenings
- Fluent in Spanish
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work in a culturally and geographically diverse environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Strong technological skills and experience with Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, such as Slate
- Knowledge of the undergraduate experience at UAlbany or comparable institution
Professional Rank and Salary Grade: Admissions Advisor, SL-3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University’s crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University’s current campus security policies. The University at Albany’s Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link: http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit albany.interviewexchange.com.