Website University of Cincinnati
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is searching for a Program Manager of Events with a passion for creating opportunities for students to envision themselves at the University of Cincinnati on their way to becoming Bearcats. The ideal candidate has the proven ability to plan and execute events for various target audiences (such as high school students, transfer students, underrepresented students, educators, etc.)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- As part of a team, plan and execute events to recruit and yield prospective students, educate campus partners and other colleagues, and achieve enrollment goals
- Manage the design of event materials (agendas, publications, invitations, web content, and event communications) in partnership with marketing and communications staff members
- Collaborate with various partners across campus such as: academic colleges, campus departments and university event services
- Work within the office CRM, Technolutions Slate, to build and monitor event registrations, collect participant feedback, and analyze data to determine the continued success of events
- Manage the annual budget for all Admissions events; evaluate historic event processes and make cost-effective changes
- Vet off-campus venues and caterers; and collaborate with Enrollment Management’s Business Manager to negotiate and set up contracts with off campus vendors
- Review, interpret and implement university and departmental rules, policies, and procedures that establish the parameters for university events including but not limited to Financial, Purchasing, and Campus Safety policies
- Evaluate applications for admission and make admission decisions within established guidelines.
- Meet with prospective students and their parents on the admissions process, academic programs, and campus life.
- May provide direct supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff
- Bachelor’s degree with three (3) years’ experience; -OR- Associate’s degree with five (5) years’ experience; -OR- seven (7) years’ experience.
- Experience must be in event planning or admissions/recruitment.
- Prior work with a customer relationship manager (CRM) and the associated communication tool like Technolutions Slate.
University of Cincinnati
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application, you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is located in beautiful southwest Ohio. This great region, positioned along the banks of the scenic Ohio River reaches across portions of three states. Cincinnati is a vibrant metropolis full of culture & history and overflowing with endless events & attractions. The City of Cincinnati is also known for a strong arts culture; including Aronoff Center, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Cincinnati Museum Center and Cincinnati Art Museum. Greater Cincinnati is also home to nine Fortune 500 companies and 2 Fortune 100 companies.
The University of Cincinnati has set new enrollment records for the 7th consecutive year. This directly contradicts enrollment trends throughout the state and UC is excited to develop and employ innovative strategies for continued success. The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a “research heavyweight.” Forbes, Delta Sky, and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses.
This position will be a professional position paid at an hourly rate.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.uc.edu.