Website University of Delaware
Job ID# 105692
PAY GRADE: 31E
DEADLINE: Open until Filled
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under limited general direction of the Executive Director of Admissions, the Associate Director serves as the senior manager of Operations & Support for the unit. The Associate Director plans, establishes and oversees the processing functions and systems supporting the recruitment & application operations of Undergraduate Admissions. Establishes priorities and schedules, in line with strategic plans and operating objectives. Provides advice and support to management in the research, design, and development of effective operating programs, systems, procedures, and practices. Provides high-level administrative and supervisory support. Collaborates with IT staff & outside vendors predominantly related to issues that affect specific segments of student information systems (recruiting & admissions) and importing data.
• Hires, supervises, and trains office administrative and support staff. Identifies staffing needs and directs/manages the training of staff for effective participation in office processing activities.
• Manages the administrative functions associated with the student systems and resources needed to recruit and enroll new undergraduates. Analyzes, evaluates, and reports on work load and staffing, and identifies required resources needed during the admission cycle.
• Schedules and coordinates daily work assignments for the unit throughout the admissions cycle, processing 90,000+ inquiries and 30,000 undergraduate applications from freshmen and transfers (both domestic and international).
• Develops comprehensive training protocols and objective measures of accountability for staff in each functional processing role. Develops reports & incorporates quality control measures to insure data accuracy. Develops appropriate goals and objectives to support & maximize customer service.
• Maintains relationships with IT/MIS personnel in order to effectively capture data within systems and responsible for the accurate transfer of data to the University of Delaware Student Information System (UDSIS). Supervises the import of data from external sources (test score loads, Common and Coalition Application loads) into UDSIS.
• Responsible for records retention procedures associated with supporting materials and electronic files received by the unit. Responsible for complying with state and federal mandates regarding records retention.
• Develops, prepares, and presents standard and ad-hoc reports; maintains comprehensive records and statistical information. Distributes admissions data to internal and external groups.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and five years directly responsible job-related work experience including at least two in a leadership/managerial capacity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of current technologies and used in admissions processing.
• Knowledge of reporting/query tools and the ability to generate reports.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
• Ability to analyze complex records and identify/map appropriate data, to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of current and developing issues and trends in admissions coding procedures requirements.
• Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information; to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Effective communication and program planning skills are essential along with the ability to establish and enforce policies and regulations as well as developing, planning and implementing short- and long-range goals.
• Successful experience developing individuals as well as teams.
• Effective written and oral communication and organizational skills required. Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is desirable.
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Required ability to multi-task, work independently and as a team member to achieve common goals, and to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to inspire and motivate others is required.
• Ability to use technology as a tool for constant innovation and improvement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
To apply for this job please visit www.udel.edu.