Under the guidance of the Director of Admission and Recruitment Marketing, the Visit Experience Coordinator works as part of a team to enable the Office of University Admissions to meet its enrollment goals by actively planning and participating in virtual and on-campus recruitment activities, communication, and marketing to prospective and admitted undergraduate and graduate students. The incumbent is responsible for planning, coordinating, and continuously improving the visit experience of all students, coordinating the daily activities of student ambassadors, planning and executing recruitment events, and reviewing applications as needed. The position will also coordinate the review of data accuracy within all systems and will regularly run queries to respond to the recruitment and enrollment needs of the University as identified by the Director. This position requires evening and weekend hours as needed to participate in recruitment activities.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute on-campus and virtual events, such as weekday and weekend campus tours and information sessions, special visitation programs, and other virtual and on-campus events, and update the NJIT community in relation to these events; • Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate programs, special projects, events, and other recruitment initiatives geared to recruiting students through a positive visit experience; • Coordinate the daily activities of student ambassadors and ensure their daily tasks are completed; • Serve as point of contact for student ambassador duties, assignments, and events; • Conduct one-on-one meetings, small and large group presentations, and virtual appointments and information sessions with students and other constituents; • Respond to walk-ins, tours, e-mail, and phone inquiries; • Work with the Assistant Director to coordinate social media posts; • Coordinate the review of data accuracy in Slate, Axiom, and Banner; • Regularly run queries to respond to the recruitment and enrollment needs of the University as identified by the Director.
• Works with the Assistant Director to track customer satisfaction of the students participating in on-campus and virtual events; • Review applications and make admission decisions as needed; • Maintain office procedure manuals; • Represent the university at off-campus recruitment events as needed; • Other duties as assigned by the Director.
• Customer focus/service oriented; • Goal oriented with a commitment to continuous improvement; • Ability to pay close attention to detail, ensure compliance, and engage in quality assurance; • Innovative thinking; • Team player; • Professionalism; • Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; • Demonstrated flexibility and ability to prioritize work functions; • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree; • Minimum of two years of admissions and/or visit experience in higher education; • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); • Experience with a higher education CRM; • Must have excellent public speaking, written, and verbal skills to support relationship building with prospective students and other constituents; • Must be able to work independently, exercise discretion, and assume responsibility; • Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle are required to perform job functions; • Available to work weekends and evenings as needed to participate in recruitment activities; • Occasional travel may be required.
• Experience with Slate and Banner; • Be able to present to diverse audiences, individual students, and groups of different sizes in a positive manner; • Experience working in a STEM-based public university or school with a large number of international students; • Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; • An ability to quickly adapt to new and changing software systems. At the university’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
To apply for this job please visit njit.csod.com.